Samsung has also announced the Mega 5.8 along with the Galaxy Mega 6.3 in their new Galaxy Mega line-up. The Galaxy Mega 5.8 has a 5.8-inch qHD (960 x 540 pixels) TFT capacitive touch screen display, powered by a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash and a 1.9 MP front-facing camera. similar to the Galaxy Mega 6.3. It also has dual SIM support with dual Standby and dual SIM Always On feature.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 specifications
- 5.8-inch qHD (960 x 540 pixels) TFT capacitive touch screen display
- 1.4 GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 1.9 MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with dual standby
- 9.0 mm thick and weighs 182 grams
- 1.5 GB RAM, 8 Internal Memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with micro SD
- 3G HSPA＋21Mbps, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS＋GLONASS
- 2600 mAh battery
The Galaxy Mega 5.8 would be available globally starting from Europe and Russia in May 2013. No word on pricing yet.