Samsung has finally announced the rumored Galaxy Mega line of smartphones. The Galaxy Mega 6.3 is the high-end device in this series that has a 6.3-inch HD ( 1280 x 720 pixels) TFT capacitive touch screen display, powered by a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash and a 1.9 MP front-facing camera. This phone lies between the 5.5-inch Galaxy Note 2 and the 7-inch Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 / Galaxy Tab 2 310. Huawei unveiled the Ascend Mate with a 6.1-inch HD display at CES 2013 earlier this year.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 specifications
- 6.3-inch HD ( 1280 x 720 pixels) TFT capacitive touch screen display
- 1.7 GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 1.9 MP front-facing camera
- 7.9mm thick and weighs 199 grams
- 1.5 GB RAM, 8/16GB Internal Memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with micro SD
- 4G LTE 100/50Mbps, 3G HSPA＋21Mbps, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS＋GLONASS, NFC, MHL
- 3200 mAh battery
The Galaxy Mega 6.3 would be available globally starting from Europe and Russia in May 2013. No word on pricing yet.