Panasonic has announced a new waterproof Android smartphone, Panasonic ELUGA for Europe. This phone is sleek, which is just 7.8 mm thick and weighs 103 g. It has 4.3 inch, (960×540 pixels ), capacitive OLED display that has 66% display area ratio, 1GHz dual-core processor (OMAP4430) and 8MP auto focus camera. It is protected for up to a depth of 1 metre for up to 30 minutes in water, and protected against dust if left near or in it for 8h or less.
Specifications of Panasonic ELUGA
- 4.3 inch, (960×540 pixels ), capacitive OLED display
- Android Gingerbread (version 2.3.5) on-board, to be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich from Summer 2012
- Dimensions – 123×62.0x7.8mm and weighs 103 g
- Micro SIM
- 1GHz dual-core processor (OMAP4430)
- 8MP autofocus camera
- 8GB internal memory
- 3.5mm Headset Plug
- 3G HSDPA 14.4Mbps, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Micro USB Connector, NFC
- 1150 mAh non-removable Battery
It has Swipe and Share that lets users wirelessly send pictures from their phone to a TV or cloud service, or stream movies from their phone to a
TV. The VieraRemote app also enables the phone to be used as a remote control for other electronic devices in the home (such as a VIERA TV, DIGA Blu-ray player and recorder, home cinema system, or digital still camera).
It would also feature ‘eco mode’, Panasonic’s unique power-saving technology which provides significant environmental benefit by shutting down non-essential features when the phone is running low on battery power.
It comes in Silver and Black colors and would be available in Europe in April 2012.