vivo has launched V29 and V29 Pro, the company’s latest V series phones in India, as it had promised. The phones have a 6.78-inch FHD+ 120Hz 55° 3D curved AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, and features a 50MP eye autofocus front camera inside the punch-hole.
The V29 is powered by Snapdragon 778G SoC and the Pro version has a 8200 SoC, both with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 8GB of virtual RAM. The phones have an Ultra Large VC Bionic Cooling System. It has a 50MP rear camera along with an 8MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP camera, and has a light ring (15.6 mm in diameter), which is called as Aura Light.
These feature a 50MP rear camera with ISOCELL GN5 in V29 and Sony IMX766 sensor in the Pro, along with a 8MP ultra-wide camera. The V29 has a 2MP depth sensor and the Pro model has a 12MP Sony IMX663 sensor for portraits.
There is a ring LED (15.6 mm in diameter) which the company calls Aura light. This creates a three-dimensional lighting effect and ensures even illumination from every angle, eliminating facial shadows and dark areas, said the company. The light-emitting area is nine times larger than a standard flash, and it delicately accentuates the skin tone while artfully concealing imperfections, unveiling one’s natural beauty, it added.
The Himalayan Blue version has the first 3D Particle Technology in India, said the company. This uses 15 million micron-sized 3D magnetic particles to create a variety of different shimmering and cascading gradations of light and shadows. By tilting the phone, the mountain-like silhouette shifts and sways, as if responding to the rhythm of the movement, said the company.
The phones also come in Space Black colours, and the Colour Changing Glass is available on the Majestic Red edition in V29. The phones pack a 4600mAh battery with support for 80W fast charging that can charge up to 50% in 18 minutes.
vivo V29 and V29 Pro specifications
- 6.78-inch (2800×1260 pixels) 1.5K AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- V29 – Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- V29 Pro – – Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- V29 – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- V29 Pro – 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 13 with Funtouch OS 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP camera with f/1.88 aperture, OIS, Samsung GN5 (V29) / Sony IMX766 (V29 Pro), 8MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture (V29) / 12MP portrait camera with Sony IMX663 sensor with f/1.98 aperture, Aura light, 4K 60 fps video recording
- 50MP autofocus front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 4K 60 fps video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, bottom-ported speaker
- Dimensions:164.18×74.37×7.46mm; Weight:186g (V29) / 188g (V29 Pro)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3,GPS (L1 + L5), USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (typ) battery with 80W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The vivo V29 comes in Himalayan Blue, Majestic Red and Space Black colours and is priced at Rs. 32,999 for the 8GB + 128GB model and the 12GB + 256GB model costs Rs. 36,999.
Pre-booking starts today, October 4th from vivo.com, Flipkart and offline stores, and it will go on sale from October 17th.
The vivo V29 Pro comes in Himalayan Blue and Space Black colours and is priced at Rs. 39,999 for the 8GB + 256GB model and the 12GB + 256GB model costs Rs. 42,999. It will be available from October 10th.
Launch offers online and offline