Sony just launched the WF-1000XM5, the company’s latest flagship TWS earbuds in India, as it had promised. The WF-1000XM5 have several improvements including a new and comfortable design, reducing the size and weight by approximately 25% compared to their predecessor, the WF-1000XM4.
The WF-1000XM5 now feature three microphones on each earbud, including dual feedback mics, which improve low-frequency cancellation performance.
Newly developed by Sony, the Integrated Processor V2 unlocks the potential of the HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN2e. The unique combination of technology controls the six microphones, across both ears, to deliver unprecedented noise cancelling quality that can be adapted to provide the best performance for your environment.
This also has LDAC technology, real-time audio enhancement through Edge-AI, Head tracking that provides an immersive listening experience, up to 8 hours of battery life (16 hours with the charging case) and quick charging that promises 60 minutes of play in just 3 minutes. Additionally, the earbuds are water-resistant with an IPX4 rating.
Quick specifications: Sony WF-1000XM5 Noise Canceling TWS Earbuds
- Glossy texture, compact design
- Type: Closed, dynamic
- Multi Noise Sensor technology
- Driver Size: Dynamic Driver X; 8.4 mm
- Sony Integrated Processor V2, HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN2e
- Bluetooth v5.3
- Supported Audio Formats: SBC, AAC, LDAC, LC3
- Supports High-Resolution Audio Wireless
- Content Protection: SCMS-T
- Noise Canceling
- Ambient Sound Mode, Quick Attention, DSEE
- Battery Life (Calls): Max. 6 hrs (NC ON) | Max. 7 hrs (NC OFF)
- Battery Life (Music): Max. 8 hrs (NC ON) | Max. 12 hrs (NC OFF)
- Charging: USB charger | Wireless charger (with case)
- Sony | Headphones Connect app
- IPX4 Water resistant
- Voice assistant support: Google and Alexa
- Supports Google Fast Pair, Multipoint Connection, Head-tracking function, Auto Play, 360 Reality Audio
- Dimension Case: Approx. 64.6 x 40.0 x 26.5 mm
- Weight: 39g (case); 5.9 g x 2 (earbuds)
Pricing and availability
The Sony WF-1000XM5 comes in Black and platinum silver colours and is priced at Rs. 24,990, but you can pre-book from today, September 27th till October 15th and get the earbuds for Rs. 21,990 (including Rs. 3,000 cashback). Additionally, buyers will get a free SRS-XB100 portable speaker worth Rs. 4,990 for all pre-bookings.
The offer is available at offline channels such as Sony Center, major electronic stores and e-commerce portals like Amazon.in in India. The earbuds will go on sale starting from 18th October 2023 onwards.
Commenting on the launch, Sunil Nayyar, Managing Director, Sony India said:
WF-1000XM5 has redefined the concept of earbuds. We are proud to announce that our earbuds have incorporated the features which provide an elevated immersive sound experience to the listeners. It’s active noise cancelling features, high resolution audio and amazing sound quality, all at a relatively competent price makes it a perfect choice, setting a new standard in the world of audio. With these earbuds, we aim to stand on our position as one of the best earbuds manufacturers in truly wireless earbuds segment globally as well as in India.