Amazfit just launched the Cheetah series smartwatches in India, after it was introduced back in June. Targeted at runners, it has a lightweight fiber-reinforced polymer frame and a responsive button and crown combination for easy control during runs.
The Amazfit Cheetah is equipped with advanced GPS technology and AI coaching features. The dual-band circularly-polarized GPS antenna, known as MaxTrack, ensures highly accurate positioning, comparable to professional GPS locators.
With the ability to pick up almost 100% of satellite signals, the smartwatches minimize interference from environmental factors like tall buildings or trees, delivering precise GPS tracking regardless of the running environment.
The Cheetah Round smartwatch has a 1.39-inch HD AMOLED display. In contrast, the Amazfit Cheetah Square offers a larger 1.75-inch HD AMOLED display.
These run Zepp OS 2.0 and promises up to 14 days of battery life on a single charge. The watch also has Zepp Coach, offering personalized training plans tailored to individual characteristics and race goals. Additionally, users can experience the Zepp Coach AI Chat feature, which utilizes generative AI and large language models to answer sports-related questions and provide interactive coaching.
Amazfit Cheetah (Round and Square) specifications
- Design: Round / Square dial, 2 (Round) / 3 (Square) buttons (including the crown)
- Display (Round): 1.39″ AMOLED display, 454×454 resolution, 326 PPI
- Display (Round): 1.75″ AMOLED display, 390×450 resolution, 341 PPI, up to 1000 nits brightness
- Touchscreen: Tempered glass +anti-fingerprint coating
- Health Tracking: BioTracker PPG biometric sensor supports blood-oxygen, Stress level, Breathing, Sleep, Health remainders, Menstrual, PAI health assessment system and Swimming heart rate monitoring
- Sports: 150+ Sports modes, Zepp Coach Running Coach
- Sensor: Acceleration sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Barometric altimeter and Ambient light sensor
- Bluetooth: v5.3
- GPS: Circularly-polarized GPS antenna, Dual-band positioning, 6 satellite positioning systems
- Motor: Linear motor
- Water-resistance Grade: 5 ATM
- Smart features: App notifications, To-do list etc.
- Round Dimensions: 46.7×46.7×11.9mm; Weight: 32g (without strap)
- Square Dimensions: 44×38.7×9.9mm; Weight: 34g (without strap)
- Zepp App
- Battery: 440mAh (Round) / 240mAh (Square) with Magnetic charging
- Battery life: Up to 14 days
Pricing and availability
The Amazfit Cheetah series come in Speedster Grey colour, are priced at Rs. 20,999 each and will be available from select offline stores of Helios and Just In Time, from September 24, 2023, onwards.
Commenting on the launch,
Speaking on the launch, Robbie Wu, Sales Director, Amazfit APAC, said:
As we introduce the Amazfit Cheetah series to the Indian market, we are heralding a new era in dedicated running smartwatches. Our vision goes beyond mere technology; it’s about empowering runners of all levels to reach their full potential. Whether it’s runners training rigorously for elite-level races or those seeking to enhance their performance while savoring every stride, with the Amazfit Cheetah series, we hope to provide the ultimate experience for every kind of runner. These smartwatches are not just about GPS precision, AI coaching, or stunning displays; they’re about fostering a deeper connection between technology and human performance on the track. We believe in the limitless possibilities that technology can offer, and the Amazfit Cheetah series is a testament to that belief.