In a sudden announcement, HUAWEI has unveiled a new flagship phone, the Mate 60 Pro, in China. This is the successor to the HUAWEI Mate 50 Pro that was announced last year.
It features a new 6.82-inch FHD+ OLED quad-curved screen with a 120Hz refresh rate and LTPO (1–120Hz) technology. It also has a 1.07 billion-color display with support for 1,440Hz PWM dimming, 2nd Gen Kunlun glass protection, and a triple punch-hole screen with a 13MP front camera and 3D depth sensor for face recognition. Additionally, it comes with support for satellite calls, making it the first smartphone to feature this.
HUAWEI has not officially revealed the processor of the Mate 60 Pro. However, screenshots of the device have revealed that it uses the Kirin 9000s chipset. According to Geekbench, this is an octa-core processor with a high clock speed of 2.62 GHz and a low clock speed of 1.53 GHz.
The benchmark score is not on par with current flagship standards and is similar to the Kirin 990 chipset that was used in the P40 series. The 5G support of the Mate 60 Pro is still unknown.
In terms of the camera, the Mate 60 Pro has triple rear cameras that include a 50MP super-spotting main camera with F1.4–F4.0 ten-step variable physical aperture, a 12MP ultra-wide lens, and a 48MP 3.5x optical zoom camera with a 100x zoom range. There is also an option to shoot macro through a telephoto lens.
The HUAWEI Mate 60 Pro has a 5000mAh battery with support for up to 88W of fast charging, 50W of wireless fast charging, and 20W reverse wireless charging, the fastest reverse wireless charging ever on a phone.
HUAWEI Mate 60 Pro specifications
- 6.82-inch (2720 × 1260 pixels) FHD+ OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, LTPO (1-120Hz) technology, 300Hz touch sampling rate, P3 colour gamut, up to 1.07 billion colours
- Octa-core Hisilicon Kirin 9000S (1 Core @ 2.62 GHz, 3 Cores @ 2.15 GHz & 4 Cores @ 1.53 GHz) with Maleoon 910 GPU
- 12GB RAM with 256GB/512GB/1TB ROM
- Harmony OS 4.0
- Dual SIM
- 50MP super-spotting F1.4~F4.0 aperture camera, OIS, 12MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 48MP telephoto camera with 3.5x optical zoom, up to 100x digital zoom, OIS, f/3.0 aperture, supper macro support, LED flash
- 13MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 163.65 ×79 ×8.1mm; Weight: 225g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 5000mAh Li-ion battery with 88W HUAWEI SuperCharge, 50W wireless charging, 20W reverse wireless charging.
Pricing and Availability
The Mate 60 Pro comes in Yachuan Green, Baisha Silver, Nannuo Purple, and Yadan Black colours and is priced at 6599 yuan (USD 904 / Rs. 75,837 approx.) for the 12GB + 256GB model, 12GB + 512GB model costs 6999 yuan (USD 959 / Rs. 79,404 approx.) and 12GB + 1TB model costs 7599 yuan (USD 1,041 / Rs. 87,330 approx.). It will soon be on sale in China through Huawei’s Vmall online store.