Along with the Redmi Note 12, Xiaomi also launched the Redmi 12C, the company’s budget phone in the Redmi 12 series in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.71-inch HD+ screen, 5MP selfie camera inside the notch, is powered by Helio G85 SoC, has up to 6GB of RAM, and packs a 50MP main camera along with a 2MP depth sensor.
The phone runs Android 12 with MIUI 13 out of the box, has patterns with a textured back that makes it smudge and fingerprint-resistant. It features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with 10W charging.
Redmi 12C specifications
- 6.71-inch (1650 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20.6:9 aspect ratio display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 50MP rear primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dust and Splash resitant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 168.76×76.41×8.77mm; Weight: 192g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB port
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 10W charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi 12C comes in Matte Black, Royal Blue, Mint Green, and Lavender Purple colours and is priced at Rs. 8,999 for the 4GB + 64GB model and the 6GB + 128GB model costs Rs. 10,999. It will be available from Amazon.in, Mi.com, Mi Studio, Mi Home and authorized retail partners starting 6th April, 12 noon.
- ICICI Bank card holders get Rs. 500 off