Xiaomi’s Redmi has announced the Redmi Note 12 Turbo smartphone in thee Note 12 series, as it had promised. It retains the 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display with support for Dolby Vision, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1920Hz High Frequency PWM Dimming, and 2.9mm ultra-narrow bottom bezel, similar to the Note 12 Pro series.
It is the first phone to be powered by Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 SoC with up to 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and has super-diffusion diversion VC heat dissipation capacity that increased by 35%, adding diversion grooves to enhance the directionality of steam flow and increase the speed of hot steam diffusing to the cold end.
Note 12 Turbo is the first design without a screen bracket in Redmi’s history. It is 7.9mm thick and is also smaller compared to the Note 12 Pro, even though the screen size is similar. The white version has frost-like patterns on the plastic back cover.
Harry Potter Edition
There is also a Harry Potter Edition with Hogwarts school emblem printed in the middle, and there is a patron saint “Stag” in the lower right corner. In addition, the Golden Snitch, the broomstick, the sorting hat, platform 9¾, etc. also appear in the form of dark patterns. Harry Potter’s glasses and the lightning scar are also subtly integrated into the camera area.
In addition, the set box also comes with 9¾ station card pins, admission notices, map instructions, leather protective cases, theme stickers and other items. The overall design is quite thoughtful.
The phone has a 64MP rear camera with OIS, 8MP ultra-wide camera, and a 2MP macro camera. It retains the 5000mAh battery with 67W fast charging that can charge up to 50% in 15 minutes and up to 100% charge in 46 minutes, same as the Note 12 Pro.
Redmi Note 12 Turbo specifications
- 6.67-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) OLED display with 30 / 60 / 90 / 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1920Hz High Frequency PWM Dimming, DCI-P3 color gamut, 1000 nits peak brightness, Dolby Vision, HDR10+
- Up to 2.91GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 4nm processor with Adreno 725 580MHz GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 1TB UFS 3.1
- Android 13 with MIUI 14
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with 1/2″ sensor, OIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle camera, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, super-linear stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.11×74.95×7.9mm; Weight: 181g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 67W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi Note 12 Turbo comes in Ice feather white, Star sea blue, and carbon fiber black colours. Pricing as follows.
- 8GB+256GB – 1999 yuan (US$ 290 / Rs. 23,890 approx.)
- 12GB+256GB – 2199 yuan (US$ 319 / Rs. 26,280 approx.)
- 12GB+512GB Standard / Harry Potter Edition – 2399 yuan (US$ 319 / Rs. 28,670 approx.)
- 16GB+1TB – 2799 yuan (US$ 407 / Rs. 33,455 approx.)
The phone is available to order and will go on sale from March 31st in China. No details about the global roll-out yet.