moto g23 (XT2333-3), motorola’s next budget phone in the g series, has surfaced in renders along with specifications. It is expected to retain the 6.5-inch HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 50MP rear camera and 5000mAh battery, but this is said to support 33W fast charging compared to 15W in last year’s moto g22.
The moto g23 is said to replace the MediaTek Helio G37 SoC with the Helio G85. It should run Android 13 out of the box. Instead of quad cameras, this is said to use triple cameras, dropping the depth sensor from the predecessor.
moto g23 rumoured specifications
- 6.5-inch HD+ (1600 x 720 Pixels) MaxVision 20:9 aspect ratio display, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 13 with My UX
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 50MP rear camera, 5MP ultra-wide angle camera, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Bottom-ported loudspeaker
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Water-repellent design
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C,
- 5000mAh battery with 30W charge, 33W in-box turbocharger
The moto g23 is expected to come in Blue, Grey and White colours and said to be priced at 199 Euros (US$ 216 / Rs. 17,550 approx.) for the single 4GB + 128 GB variant, but it should be cheaper in India. We can expect it to be introduced sometime in Q1, 2023.