Xiaomi just introduced the Xiaomi 13, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China, as it had promised. The phone features a 6.36-inch FHD+ flexible E6 AMOLED flat screen with peak brightness of 1900 nits, 120Hz refresh rate, 1.61mm ultra-narrow bezels and 93.3% screen-to-body ratio. It has support for HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, same as the 12.
It has a flat side frame with rounded corners, sharp edges and has a 71.5mm ultra-narrow body for easy one-hand usage. The blue color variant of the Xiaomi 13 has an innovative material on the back that it calls technological nano-skin that is anti-ultraviolet, yellowing, erosion, dirt even after long-term use.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 with 4642mm² large VC liquid cooling area. The phone has triple rear cameras with a 50MP Sony IMX800 sensor, 12MP ultra-wide camera and a new 10MP 3.2X telephoto camera, all with Leica optics. It has a 4500mAh battery, 67W wired, 50W wireless and 10W reverse wireless charging. The phone also has IP68 ratings for dust and water resistance.
Xiaomi 13 specifications
- 6.36-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E6 AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1900 nits peak brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5x 8530Mbps RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB UFS 4.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.49″ Sony IMX800 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, Hyper OIS, LED flash, 12MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 10MP 3.2X telephoto camera with f/2.0 aperture, OIS, 8K video recording
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 152.8×71.5×7.98mm (glass) / 8.1mm (leather); Weight: 189g (glass) / 185g (leather)
- Dust and waterproof (IP68)
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 67W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging, 10W wireless charging
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi 13 comes in White, Black, Flora Green and Mountain Blue colours and is priced at 3999 yuan (US$ 574 / Rs. 47,370 approx.) for the 8GB + 128GB, 4299 yuan (US$ 617 / Rs. 50,925 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB, 4599 yuan (US$ 660 / Rs. 54,480 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB and 4999 yuan (US$ 718 / Rs. 59,215 approx.) for the 12GB + 512GB model.
It is available to order from today, December 11th and will go on sale from December 14th in China.
There is also Xiaomi 13 Limited custom color edition that will be available in limited units. There are five colours flame red, sapphire blue, hurricane yellow, jungle green, cement gray.