Airtel has launched ‘World Pass’ a single pack for international travel across 184 countries. The company said that this pack has been introduced after extensive customer research conducted by Airtel that showed that many customers find International Roaming packs in general confusing across the whole global Telco industry.
As a result, many are not connected when they want to be. Or they seek complex alternatives of temporary connections abroad. Airtel says that it has now solved this problem structurally with the launch of the Airtel World pass.
Airtel World Pass Postpaid and Prepaid plans
Airtel World Pass – Key Features
- One plan for travel to 184 countries. No confusion over which zone or pack to select. No need for multiple packs across multiple countries or transit airports
- 24X7 Call centre support for the customer from any corner of the world, absolutely free of cost. A dedicated number 99100-99100 available on call and WhatsApp for all international travelling customer, serviced with a network and experience specialist squad for a real-time resolution of issues.
- Special Packs for long stay/frequent travellers – Prepaid and postpaid packs specifically designed for frequent travellers and long stay customers that offer up to 1 year validity at an affordable cost.
- Plans packed with significantly higher value for customers. In addition, customers will have Unlimited data available for emergency usage and messaging applications.
- All control in the customer’s hand where they can manage their entire International roaming needs on the Airtel Thanks app, with updates on usage, billing amount or addition of data or minutes as needed.
Commenting on the launch of the Airtel World Pass, Shashwat Sharma, Director Consumer Business, Bharti Airtel said:
At Airtel, our mission is to solve customer problems so that our experience speaks for itself. The feedback that we have heard on international travel related concerns has compelled us to launch a defining proposition for our customers – the Airtel World Pass. This offers our customers one pack for the globe, significantly greater value, allows them to control what they use on the app and allows for emergency data usage long after the pack allowance is over.
With Airtel World pass, we have set a new standard in the global telecom industry. I am certain our customers will benefit hugely from it as they travel the world, keeping their phones switched on, no matter where they are. As a matter of fact, our new plans offer significantly better value than travel or local sims in most countries.