Airtel has launched new International Roaming Packs for prepaid customers with new features such as real time usage tracking, option to enable or disable International roaming service with a single touch, prebook IR packs and lots more directly from the Airtel Thanks app. Airtel says that its single pack covers 82 countries.
- Real Time Usage Tracking: Using Airtel Thanks app, both postpaid and prepaid customers will now be able to track their international roaming pack usage real time
- No Unwanted Data Usage: Once the IR pack benefits are exhausted by the customer, data services would be barred to protect against ANY unwanted charges due to over-usage. Customers can take another pack or a top up, on the go through Airtel Thanks app
- Enable / Disable IR Service with a single touch: Airtel postpaid customers can now enable or disable their IR service with just one click through the Airtel Thanks app for complete control of spends
- Pre-Book IR Packs, Use Later: Airtel Prepaid customers can now purchase an IR pack up to 30 days prior to their actual date of travel. The pack validity will start only after they connect to an international mobile network. This feature is already available to Airtel Postpaid customers
- Global Packs: Airtel has developed new global packs which cover the most travelled countries. This would allow seamless travel across the world with just one pack.
Airtel’s newly launched Global Packs
Travel Basics — Global Packs for prepaid customers
- ₹1199 — 1 GB Data, 100 Minutes of Incoming & Outgoing Calls to India and host country, Unlimited Incoming SMS for 30 Days
- ₹799 — 100 Minutes of Incoming & Outgoing Calls to India and host country, Unlimited Incoming SMS for 30 Days
Travel Unlimited — Global Packs for prepaid and postpaid customers with loads of data to carry their lifestyle abroad [Coming Soon]
- ₹4999 — 1 GB / Day Data, Unlimited Incoming Calls, 500 Mins of outgoing calls to India and host country, Unlimited incoming SMS for 10 Days
Commenting on the new international roaming packs, Shashwat Sharma, Chief Marketing & Brand Officer, said:
We at Airtel obsess around customer experience. In the past few quarters, we worked on some of the biggest customer needs and pain-points around international travel and developed these innovative features. To ensure seamless access to these features, simple and intuitive journeys are available on Airtel Thanks app, which put complete control and power in the hands of the customers.