ZTE today introduced the Axon 40 Ultra Space Edition. This has the similar specifications as the original Axon 40 Ultra that was introduced back in May, but comes with up to 18 GB of RAM and up to 1 TB storage. It also has a new design.
The design of the phone is inspired by the light and shadow of time travel in appearance design, and integrates the shuttle ridgeline into the shape of the back panel. The 64MP triple rear cameras simulate the porthole design, making the overall space more aesthetically pleasing.
The back cover is made of ceramic material, combined with the integrated nano-casting process. To remind you, it has third-generation under-screen camera technology. It has a 6.8-inch AMOLED flexible curved screen, 120Hz refresh rate, 1440Hz high-frequency PWM dimming, and supports 1.07 billion colors.
It is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, total heat dissipation area of the nine-layer heat dissipation structure can reach 36,356 mm²; assisted by the new dual-channel enhanced VC liquid-cooled vaporizer.
ZTE Axon 40 Ultra Space Edition specifications
- 6.8-inch (2480 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 1440Hz PWM dimming, up to 1500 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 1TB (UFS 3.1) internal memory
- Android 12 with MyOS 12
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with IMX787 sensor, f/1.6 aperture, OIS, 64MP ultra-wide lens with IMX787 sensor, 64MP Periscope telephoto camera with OV64B sensor, 5.7x optical zoom, TOF sensor, LED flash, 8K recording with all cameras
- 16MP Under-screen camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 163.28×73.56×8.41mm ; Weight: 204g
- 5G NSA /SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 6GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1/L5)+ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 80W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The ZTE Axon 40 Ultra Space Edition comes only in black colour and is priced at 5,898 yuan (US$ 823 / Rs. 67,220 approx.) for 12GB+512GB version and 18GB+1TB version is priced at 7,698 yuan (US$ 1074 / Rs. 87,735 approx.). It is now available to order and will go on sale in China from December 6th.