Apple today announced the winners of the 2022 App Store Awards, highlighting 16 applications and games that inspired consumers to engage with the world, extend their imaginations, and remain connected.
This year’s winners were chosen by Apple’s global App Store editorial team because they offer unique experiences and have a cultural impact.
This year’s winners represent the App Store and Apple’s devices. BeReal gives customers an authentic peek into the lives of their family and friends, while Gentler Streak helps them balance fitness and rest. GoodNotes 5 features best-in-class Apple Pencil support.
MacFamilyTree 10 explores genealogy through amazing graphic family trees and global collaboration, while ViX elevates Spanish-language storytelling to the forefront of entertainment.
Apex Legends Mobile brings the fast-paced battle royale game to the iPhone. Moncage’s unique puzzles play with perspective, and Inscryption’s creative storytelling hooks players. El Hijo, a Wild West adventure, is a smartly constructed stealth game that looks great on Apple TV.
Apple Arcade’s Wylde Flowers takes players into its delightful world of colourful characters and magical powers, and League of Legends Esports Manager lets players control the most influential esports leagues in the world.
The 2022 #AppStoreAwards winners are here. Discover how an app or game can impact lives in awesome ways.
— App Store (@AppStore) November 29, 2022
App Store Award 2022 Winners
- iPhone App of the Year: BeReal, by BeReal.
- iPad App of the Year: Goodnotes 5 from Time Base Technology Ltd.
- Mac App of the Year: MacFamilyTree 10 from Sinium Software GmbH.
- Apple TV App of the Year: Vix, Televisa Univision Interactive, Inc.
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Gentler Streak, from Gentler Stories LLC.
- iPhone Game of the Year: Apex Legends Mobile, from Electronic Arts.
- iPad Game of the Year: Monkees, from XD Networks Inc.
- Mac Game of the Year: Encryption, from Devolver.
- Apple TV Game of the Year: El Hijo, from HandyGames.
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Wild Flowers from Studio Drydock Pvt. Ltd.
- China Game of the Year: League of Legends From Esports Manager, Shenzhen Tencent Tianyo Technology Limited.
Cultural Impact Winners
In order to acknowledge the greatest apps and games on Apple devices, Apple’s App Store editors chose five Cultural Impact winners.
This year’s winners urge users to engage fully with their emotions, connect authentically with others, and honour their past and previous generations while visualising a better society.
- How We Feel from the How We Feel Project, Inc.
- Dot’s Home from the Rise-Home Stories Project
- Locket Widget from Locket Labs, Inc.
- Waterllama from Vitalii Mogylevets
- Inua – A Story in Ice and Time from ARTE Experience
Each winner will receive a physical award inspired by the blue App Store icon, according to Apple. The award is made of 100% recycled aluminium from Apple products and features the App Store logo and the winner’s name.
Speaking at the announcement, Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, said:
This year’s App Store Award winners reimagined our experiences with apps that delivered fresh, thoughtful, and genuine perspectives. From self-taught solo creators to international teams spanning the globe, these entrepreneurs are making a meaningful impact, and represent the ways in which apps and games influence our communities and lives.