After teasers, Xiaomi has introduced the Redmi Note 11R 5G, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone, in China. This has almost similar specifications as the Redmi Note 11E, including a 6.58-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, a 5-megapixel camera on the front, MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC, but the design looks similar to the POCO M5.
The phone has flat sides, similar to other Redmi Note 11 series phones, features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and come with a plastic back. It has a 13MP rear camera along with a 2MP depth sensor for portrait shots. It packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging, but comes with a 10W in-box charger.
Redmi Note 11R specifications
- 6.58-inch (2408 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with up to 600 nits brightness, 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 2MP portrait sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 163.99×76.09×8.9mm; Weight: 201g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with support for 18W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi Note 11R comes in White, Blue and Black colours and is priced at 1099 yuan (US$ 154 / Rs. 12,575 approx.) for 4GB + 128GB, 1299 yuan (US$ 182 / Rs. 14,895 approx.) for 6GB + 128GB and 1499 yuan (US$ 210 / Rs. 17,155 approx.) for the 8GB + 128GB model. It is already on sale in China.