Along with the Redmi 11 Prime series, Redmi also launched its Redmi A1, the company’s latest budget smartphone in India, as it had promised. The phone packs a 6.52″ HD+ LCD screen, is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 SoC and has 2GB of RAM.
Instead of MIUI, the phone runs stock Android 12 Go Edition and supports 20+ languages including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali and more. It has a 8MP rear camera along with a secondary depth sensor, 5MP front camera, has a leather-like design and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 10W charging.
Redmi A1 specifications
- 6.52-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio display, 400 nits brightness, scratch resistant glass
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB LPDDR4X RAM, 32GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 12 Go Edition
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, depth sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Top-ported loudspeaker, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 164.9x 76.75x 9.09mm,; Weight: 192g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi A1 comes in Light Blue, Classic Black, and Light Green colours, is priced at Rs. 6499 for the single 2GB + 32GB model and will be available from Amazon.in, mi.com, Mi Home stores and offline stores starting from September 9th at 4PM.