HUAWEI has announced FreeBuds Pro 2 successor to FreeBuds Pro which was introduced back in 2020. It has Quad-Magnet Dynamic drivers and planar diaphragm tech, which is the first in the world, says the company. It offers up to 47dB ANC compared to 40dB in the first gen. The company has partnered with French audio brand Devialet for tuning.
The FreeBuds Pro 2 is also equipped with three dynamic optimization algorithms that can detect changes in volume, differences in the structure of the ear canal and changes in wearing in real time. The new headphones also support Huawei’s All-Scenario Seamless AI Life and provide an easy connection to any operating system, making them suitable for all everyday scenarios.
HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro 2 specifications
- Bluetooth 5.2, LDAC Hi-Res codec, Simultaneous Bluetooth connection with two devices
- Quad Magnet 11mm Dynamic drivers, 14-48 Hz frequency response
- Triple adaptive equalizer
- Ultra-low latency for gaming
- Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation Technology with 3 mics, up to 47dB for different types of ear canal
- Intelligent Dynamic ANC -Ultra Mode, Cozy Mode and General Mode
- 6m/s Anti-wind Noise reduction
- Dust and water-resistant (IP54)
- 55mAh battery offers 4h (with ANC) / 6.5h (without ANC) playback, 580mAh battery in case offers 30h (without ANC) / 18h (without ANC) Playback with charging case, USB Type-C
Pricing and availability
The HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro 2 comes in Ceramic White, Silver Frost and Metallic Blue colours and is priced at 199 Euros (US$ 209 / Rs. 16,395 approx.). It will roll out in Europe soon.