Xiaomi just launched the Xiaomi 12 Pro, the company’s latest flagship smartphone, at an event, as it had promised. It packs a 6.73-inch 2K+ Samsung E5 OLED 1-120Hz LTPO display, support for HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, 16000 brightness-level adjustments, is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM. It runs Android 12 with MIUI 13, and Xiaomi has also confirmed 3 Android OS updates and 4 years of security updates.
The cooling system has an extra-large 2900mm² VC and 3 large heat dissipation graphite sheets, which further enhances cooling performance for stable use, while the antenna area is also covered with white graphene.
It features a 50MP custom Sony IMX707 sensor with an ultra-large 1/1.28″ sensor which utilizes 2.44μm 4-in-1 pixels. The advanced camera system setup improves light capturing capabilities by 49% compared to the previous generation, says Xiaomi. It uses 50MP JN1 sensor for the 115° ultra-wide camera and 50MP 2x telephoto camera for portrait shots.
The phone has symmetrical quad stereo speakers that utilizes a frequency division scheme, enabling excellent audio experience with high frequency ductility supported by a customized mid-woofer and tweeter. It is tuned SOUND BY Harmon Kardon offering a vivid, natural sound experience in three dimensions and also comes with Dolby Atmos support.
It packs a 4,600mAh battery with first 120W single cell fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 18 minutes, thanks to Xiaomi’s own Surge P1 charging IC that offers a solution to industry issues of having both high output and capacity, filling a need for single-cell batteries with charging over 100W. The phone also has 50W wireless charging for 100% charge in 42 minutes and 10W reverse wireless charging.
Xiaomi 12 Pro specifications
- 6.73-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 1-120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1500 nits brightness, 8,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 6400Mbps RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 1450MBps storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.28″ Sony IMX707 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 50MP Samsung JN1 115° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 50MP Samsung JN1 2x portrait camera with f/1.9 aperture, 48mm equivalent focal length, 8K video recording
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Quad Stereo speakers, Harman Kardon tuning, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.6×74.6×8.16mm; Weight: 205g
- 5G SA/NSA (n1/n3/n5/n7/n8/n20/n28/n38/n40/n41/n66/n77/n78/n79 bands), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 4600mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired fast charging, 50W wireless second charge / 10W Wireless rechargeable
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi 12 Pro comes in Noir Black, Opera Mauve and Couture Blue
colours, is priced at Rs. 62,999 for the 8GB + 256GB version and the 12GB + 256GB version costs Rs. 66,999.
The phone will be available from Amazon.in, mi.com, Mi home stores and offline stores starting from May 2nd. As a part of introductory offer, there will be a Rs. 4000 instant discount.
- Rs. 6000 discount with ICICI Bank cards and EMI
- 100% off (up to Rs. 20,000) when you exchange old Xiaomi, Mi or Redmi Note Note phones as a part of Xiaomi fan sale on May 1st