Samsung just launched the Galaxy M53 5G, the company’s latest mid-range M series phone and the successor to last year’s Galaxy M52 5G in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.7″ Infinity-O 120Hz FHD+ Super AMOLED screen with a 32MP camera inside the punch-hole, and is powered by Dimensity 900 SoC compared to Snapdragon 778G in the predecessor. It also has VC liquid cooling, and supports up to 8GB of RAM with additional 8GB virtual RAM with RAM Plus feature.
Samsung said that this will be the first phone in the segment to feature auto data switching option that lets you make and receive calls or use data from your secondary SIM, even when your primary SIM is in a no network. The phone runs Android 12 out of the box and will get two years of Android OS updates and 4 years of security updates
This is the second mid-range Samsung phone to get a 108MP rear camera after the Galaxy A73 5G, but this lacks OIS. Alongside, there is a 8MP ultra-wide camera, 2MP depth and 2MP macro cameras. It packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging, but it doesn’t come with a charger in the box.
Samsung Galaxy M53 5G specifications
- 6.7-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 900 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 12 with Samsung One UI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos
- Samsung Pay Mini
- Dimensions: 164.7×77.0×7.4mm; Weight: 176g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Samsung Galaxy M53 5G comes in Deep Ocean Blue and Mystique Green colours, is priced at Rs. 26,499 for the 6GB + 128GB version and the 8GB + 128GB version costs Rs. 28,499. It will be available from Amazon.in, Samsung India online store and offline stores starting from April 29th.
- Rs. 2500 instant discount with ICICI Bank credit cards and EMI
- Additional Rs. 2000 discount in exchange for old M series phones
Commenting on the launch, Aditya Babbar, Senior Director and Head, Product Marketing, Samsung India, said:
At Samsung, we believe in pushing the boundaries of technology and delivering meaningful innovation to our consumers. Designed to keep up with our consumers who are multitasking like never before with their smartphones at the heart of it, Galaxy M53 5G is ‘Up for It All’. It brings a segment-leading 108MP camera with nona binning technology, segment-best sAMOLED+ display with 120Hz refresh rate and segment-only Auto data switching packed in a 7.4mm sleek design to allow our young consumers to easily create, consume and explore.