motorola has introduced the new moto g stylus as the successor to last year’s g stylus model. It retains the 6.8-inch FHD+ screen, but this brings 120Hz refresh rate, replaces the Snapdragon 480 SoC with Snapdragon 695 and comes with a 50MP rear camera.
The company also introduced the new moto g 5G which has almost similar specifications as the moto g50, but this has a different design. Both the phones feature a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and pack a 5000mAh battery with support for 10W charging.
moto g stylus 5G (2022) specifications
- 6.8-inch (2460 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 20.5:9 aspect ratio display, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core Snapdragon 695 8nm Mobile Platform (2.2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 CPUs) with Adreno 619L GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM, 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 with myUX
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.9 aperture, Quad pixel technology, OIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, macro option, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Built-in Stylus
- 3.5mm audio jack, Front-ported speaker, Smart PA
- Water-repellent (P2i coating)
- Dimensions:168.9 x 75.8 x 9.3mm; Weight: 215g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with TurboPower 10, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 capable
moto g50 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch HD+ (1600 x 720 Pixels) MaxVision 20:9 aspect ratio display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 12 with myUX
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, Quad Pixel technology, LED flash, 2MP depth, and 2MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, Bottom-ported Speaker with smart PA, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions:165.4 x 75.8 x 9.44mm; Weight: 204g
- Water resistant (IP52)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5,000 mAh battery with 10W charging
Pricing and availability
The moto g stylus 2022 comes in Steel Blue and Seafoam Green colours, is priced at $499.99 (Rs. 38,140 approx.) and will be available in the U.S. unlocked at Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon.com and Motorola.com starting April 28 (pre-sale: April 21).
The device will also be available through Cricket Wireless, Dish, Boost Mobile, Republic Wireless, Verizon, AT&T, UScellular Xfinity Mobile, Spectrum Mobile, Google Fi, and Optimum Mobile in the coming months.
The moto g 5G 2022 comes in Moonlight Gray colour, is priced at $399.99 (Rs. 30,510 approx.) and will be available in the U.S. unlocked at Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon.com and Motorola.com starting May 19.
The device will also be available through Cricket Wireless, Dish, Boost Mobile, Republic Wireless, AT&T, Xfinity Mobile, Spectrum Mobile, UScellular, Consumer Cellular, Google Fi, and Optimum Mobile in the coming months. It will also be available in Canada in the coming months.