realme just launched the realme 9, the company’s latest mid-range 4G phone as the successor to last year’s realme 8, as it had promised. The phone has a 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 10240-level brightness adjustment, 90.6% screen-to-body ratio and has a 16-megapixel camera on the front. It is powered by Snapdragon 680 SoC compared to MediaTek Helio G95 SoC in the predecessor and has up to 8GB of RAM with up to 5GB RAM expansion.
The phone is the first to feature a 108-megapixel primary rear camera with Samsung ISOCELL HM6 image sensor has the latest NonaPixel Plus technology, which helps to bring more brightness to photos and enhances overall light intake by 123%. This HM6 sensor also combines in-sensor ultra-zoom technology with a merging algorithm to provide a stunning zoomed-in photo that clearly captures even the smallest details, says the company. It also has an 8-megapixel 120° ultra-wide camera and a 2MP 4cm macro camera alongside.
It has an in-display fingerprint scanner, has a ripple holographic design with plasma atom coating and UV-Nano imprinting, and the phone is just 7.9mm thick and weigh 178 grams even though it packs a 5000mAh battery and comes with 33W Dart Charging that can charge up to 50% in 31 minutes.
realme 9 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED screen with up to 1000 nits brightness, 90Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 680 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 610 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 12 with realme UI 3.0
- 108MP rear camera with 1/1.67″ Samsung ISOCELL HM6 sensor, f/1.76 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP B&W portrait camera and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture, Sony IMX471 sensor
- In-display fingerprint sensor with heart rate tracking
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio
- Dimensions: 160.2×73.3×7.99mm; Weight: 178g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 33W Dart Charge fast charging
Pricing and availability
The realme 9 comes in Sunburst Gold, Stargaze White and Meteor Black colours and is priced at Rs. 17,999 for the 6GB + 128GB model and the 8GB + 128GB model costs Rs. 18,999. As a part of launch offer, it will be available for Rs. 15,999 and Rs. 16,999, restively during the first sale.
The phone will be available from realme.com, Flipkart and offline stores starting from April 12th.
- Rs. 2000 instant discount with HDFC Bank Credit cards