The market for gaming phones is getting intense and competitive. In fact, well-equipped mobile phones are becoming a legitimate contender to PC and console gaming.
According to numerous reports, mobile game revenue spiked during the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, seeing its largest year-over-year growth in Q2 2020 at 33%.
Gaming-centric phones are slowly creating their own space in the smartphone market. According to Counterpoint Research analyst Prachir Singh, many smartphone vendors are using gaming to build buzz around their launches, which shows the strength of the user segment.
Well, every phone can play titles like Angry Birds and Temple Run, but right now, there are very few devices available that can manage graphically demanding games effectively. One such device is OnePlus’ latest outing – 9RT 5G.
With 9RT 5G, the OnePlus continues to push the limits of what we can expect from the smartphone, extending its capabilities well into the world of mobile gaming.
Besides sleek aesthetics and flagship-grade imaging, the OnePlus 9RT features a robust performance to propel users ahead of the game with a best-in-class experience.
Why is OnePlus 9RT 5G best for gaming?
Firstly, the device packs very powerful internals. The OnePlus 9RT 5G is powered by the Snapdragon 888 flagship mobile platform and features up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS3.1 high-speed flash memory.
Secondly, having a consistent and uninterrupted Wi-Fi signal is an absolute must for performance flagships today, especially during competitive gaming sessions.
The OnePlus 9RT puts all network issues to rest with its Tri-eSport Wi-Fi Antenna System that ensures fast and undisturbed connectivity. It means the device features an extra performance-enhancing antenna to maximise reception during games, calls and improve Wi-Fi connection speeds and network stability.
Thirdly, Haptic feedback plays a significant role when it comes to an immersive gaming experience.
The OnePlus 9RT 5G also comes with 4D intelligent haptic immersion to heat up battles between gamers and provide them a larger-than-life experience. It supports over 150 unique haptic feedback types, firing weapons and setting off explosions in select AAA mobile titles.
Next up is the heating issue that plagues most smartphones during prolonged gaming. With 9RT 5G, heating issues are a thing of the past since OnePlus has employed one of its finest VC cooling systems in history.
With evenly distributed heat dissipation routes, internal mechanical stacking, and an express heat dissipation channel placed next to key heat sources such as the SoC module and battery PCB to support efficiency, OnePlus have ensured that the device remains cool and breezy through every trying activity.
The cherry on the cake is OnePlus 9RT 5G provides a 20% more efficient heat dissipation mechanism compared to the previous OnePlus 9 series.
As far as mobile phone displays go, higher-touch sampling rates mean faster response, which is crucial for the most competitive mobile gamers in a heated battle.
With 9RT 5G, OnePlus have introduced Hyper Touch 2.0, which works towards unlocking the potential of the 300 Hz response rate IC hardware on the device and doubles it to 600 Hz. At a hypersensitive response rate of 600 Hz, the OnePlus 9RT 5G can lower its lowest touch delay of 36ms to 29ms.
Last but not the least, the OnePlus 9RT 5G is equipped with a larger 4,500mAh battery and Warp Charge 65T technology. It takes 15 minutes to charge from 1% to 65%, and 100% in just 29 minutes.
Packing a punch in every department, be it performance, display or design, the OnePlus 9RT is geared for everyday users, and gaming enthusiasts alike.
To summarise, check out the specifications
OnePlus 9RT specifications
- 6.62-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 397 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, sRGB, Display P3 color gamut, up to 1300 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12 (China only)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, 1μm pixel size, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, dual-LED flash, 16MP 123° ultra-wide camera with f/2.25 aperture, EIS, 2MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video at 60fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps, 720p at 480fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162.2×74.6×8.29mm; Weight: 198.5g
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A)
The OnePlus 9RT comes in Nano Silver and Hacker Black colours, is priced at Rs. 42,999 for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs Rs. 46,999.
It is available from Amazon.in, OnePlus.in, OnePlus Store App, OnePlus Experience Stores, Reliance Digital, My Jio, Croma, and all partner outlets.