At an event in China, HUAWEI announced P50E smartphone, after introducing the P50 and the P50 Pro phones back in June last year. It has a flat 6.5-inch FHD+ OLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, support for 1,440Hz PWM dimming, a punch-hole screen with a 13MP front camera, but this replaces the Snapdragon 888 SoC with Snapdragon 778G, but it only has 4G support, same as the P50.
It retains the triple rear cameras that include a 50MP main camera, a 13MP ultra-wide-angle and a 12MP periscope telephoto camera with OIS. The new XD Fusion Pro filter system can improve the light input and dynamic range performance of the device. The phone comes with IP68 ratings for dust and water resistance, has a frosted glass back and packs a 4100mAh battery with support for 66W fast charging.
Huawei P50E specifications
- 6.5-inch (2700 x 1224 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate,300Hz touch sampling rate, P3 colour gamut, up to 1.07 billion colours
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 4G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB /256GB storage
- HarmonyOS 2
- Dual SIM
- 50MP True-Chroma Camera with f/1.8 aperture, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP periscope telephoto camera with 5x zoom, up to 80x digital zoom, OIS, f/3.4 aperture, LED flash
- 13MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 156.5 ×73.8 ×7.92mm; Weight: 181g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE,GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4100mAh (typical) battery with 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge
Pricing and availability
The Huawei P50E comes in Obsidian Black, Cocoa Gold, Snow White and Galaxy Blue colours and is priced at 4088 yuan (US$ 643 / Rs. 49,045 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB model and the 8GB + 256GB model costs 4488 yuan (US$ 706 / Rs. 53,845 approx.). It is available to order and will go on sale in China from March 24th.
New colour options for HUAWEI P50 and HUAWEI Watch 3
The HUAWEI P50 Pro was introduced in Golden Black, Cocoa Gold, Pearl White and Charm Pink colours last year. Today it has introduced the phone in Galaxy Blue, Orange and White colours.
The White and Orange models have a leather back and a nano-glass-ceramic screen for better durability. The Galaxy Blue model has an anti-fingerprint frosted glass back.
The P50 Pro is priced at 5488 yuan (US$ 863 / Rs. 65,800 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 5988 yuan (US$ 942 / Rs. 71,790 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB and 6988 yuan (US$ 1100 / Rs. 83,780 approx.) for 8GB + 512GB. The leather back 8GB + 256GB version costs 6488 yuan (US$ 1021 / Rs. 77,780 approx.) and the 8GB + 512GB version costs 7488 yuan (US$ 1178 / Rs. 89,775 approx.). It will go on sale from March 24th.
There is a new Blue colour variant with a matching strap for the HUAWEI Watch 3.