Samsung just launched the Galaxy F23 5G, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in the F series, after teasing it recently. The successor to last year’s Galaxy F22 packs a 6.6-inch Full HD+ LCD Infinity-V display with 120Hz refresh rate, compared to the last year’s F22 4G model with a 6.4-inch 90Hz AMOLED display. This also has a faster Snapdragon 750G SoC with up to 6GB of RAM, RAM Plus feature and power cool technology to keep the temperature low.
The phone runs Android 12 with One UI 4.1 on top, and Samsung has confirmed two years of Android updates and four for the phone. It features a 50MP rear camera along with an 8MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP macro camera. There is an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging, but it doesn’t come with a charger in the box, making it the first mid-range Samsung phone to lack an in-box charger, after the flagships.
Samsung Galaxy F23 5G specifications
- 6.6-inch (2408×1080 pixels) FHD+ LCD Infinity-U display, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 570 CPUs) Snapdragon 750G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 12 with Samsung One UI 4.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 165.5 x 77 x 8.4mm; Weight: 198g
- Samsung Pay
- 5G SA / NSA (N1,N3,N5,N7,N8,N20,N28,N66, N38,N40,N41,N78), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 25W fast charging support
The Samsung Galaxy F23 5G comes in Aqua Blue and Forest Green colours, is priced at Rs. 17,499 for the 4GB + 128GB model and the 6GB + 128GB model is priced at Rs. 18,499. As a part of introductory offer, these will be available at an offer price of Rs. 14,999 and Rs. 15,999, respectively including the Rs. 1000 instant discount on ICICI Bank credit cards.
The Galaxy F23 5G will be available from Flipkart, Samsung India eStore and offline stores starting from March 16th.