POCO has launched the POCO M4 Pro, the company’s latest smartphone in the M4 series in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.43-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 16MP selfie camera inside the punch-hole, is powered by Helio G96 SoC with support for liquid cooling technology, up to 8GB of RAM with up to 3GB RAM booster option, and packs a 64MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide, and a 2MP macro camera.
The phone runs Android 11 with MIUI 13 out of the box, features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with 33W Pro dual split fast charging that can charge up to 100% in around an hour.
POCO M4 Pro specifications
- 6.43-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 color gamut, up to 1000 nits peak brightness
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G96 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 64MP rear primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle camera, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR blaster
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res Audio certification
- Dimensions:159.87 x 73.87 x 8.09mm; Weight: 179.5g
- Splash resistant (IP53)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The POCO M4 Pro comes in Cool Blue, Power Black and POCO Yellow colours, is priced at Rs. 14,999 for the 6GB + 64GB version, Rs. 16,499 for the 6GB + 128GB model and the 8GB + 128GB model costs Rs. 17,999. As a part of introductory offer, the phones will get a Rs. 1000 discount when they go on sale for the first time on Flipkart from March 7th.
- Rs. 1000 discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
Commenting on the launch, Anuj Sharma, Country Director, POCO India, said:
Being in a competitive space, our ideology is to maintain a clean and lean portfolio with a rational mix of 4G and 5G devices. With POCO M4 Pro 5G, we introduced the best of everything by offering a perfect combination of future ready specs at an affordable price point, making it the most advanced device introduced in this series to-date. POCO M4 Pro 4G, just like its predecessors, is designed to out-perform on users’ expectations. Offering upgrades in the form of 90Hz AMOLED Display, 64MP AI triple camera setup, MediaTek Helio G96 processor, POCO M4 Pro caters to all consumer requirements. Combining unbeatable value for money, quality, and performance, POCO M4 Pro marks its entry as a worthy competitor in the mid-range segment.