realme just launched realme 9 Pro+, the company’s first phone in the new Pro+ series in India, as it had promised. The phone comes with a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling rate, and 90.8% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by the powered by Dimensity 920 SoC with support for several 5G bands. The phone runs Android 12 with realme UI 3.0 out of the box, and the company has promised 2 years of Android OS updates for the phone.
It has up to 8GB of RAM and up to 5GB of virtual RAM. The 5-layer Vapor Chamber Cooling System with large, 13029 mm² heat sink area that can cover 100% of core heat sources to significantly reduce the core temperature by up to 10°C reduction. It retains the 3.5mm audio jack, comes with stereo speaker and X-axis linear motor.
Coming to the camera, the phone has a 50MP main camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, OIS, secondary 8MP 119° secondary camera and a 2MP 4cm macro camera. The company uses ProLight Imaging technology, Optical Image Stabilization to reduce blur and advanced AI features, like AI
Noise Reduction Engine 3.0 for better low-light imaging. Other camera features include long exposure mode (one click phpto), Peak & Zoom and 90’s Pop Filter.
The Sunrise Blue has a Light Shift Design, so under normal sunlight or
ultraviolet light, the back cover turns for blue to red in about 3 seconds; under no sunlight, it will fade in 2-5 minutes. The company says that it uses a 3-layer process that creates a color-filled shine with a vibrant vertical beam that gleams from every angle. The phone packs a 4500mAh battery with 60W SuperDart Charge fast charging that can charge up to 50% in 15 minutes.
realme 9 Pro+ specifications
- 6.43-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, up to 1000 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Octa Core (2 x 2.5GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 920 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 12 with realme UI 3.0
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, Sony IMX766 sensor, OIS, 8MP ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX355 sensor f/2.2 aperture, 2MP 4cm macro camera with Galaxycore GC02M1 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 160.2×73.3×7.99mm; Weight: 182g
- 5G SA/NSA (n1/n3/n5/n7/n8/n20/n28/n38/n40/n41/n77/n78/n66 bands), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 60W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The realme 9 Pro+ comes in Sunrise Blue, Aurora Green and Midnight Black colours, is priced at Rs. 24,999 for the 6GB + 128GB model, Rs. 26,999 for 8GB + 128GB model and the 8GB + 256GB model costs Rs. 28,999. It will go on sale starting from February 21st on Flipkart, realme.com and offline stores.
- Rs. 2000 instant discount with HDFC Debit, Credit cards and EMI
- Flipkart Smart Upgrade program