ASUS just introduced the ROG Phone 5s, the company’s latest flagship gaming smartphone, in Taiwan as the successor to the ROG Phone 5 which was launched earlier this year. It retains the 6.78-inch Full HD+ Samsung’s E4 AMOLED HDR display with 144Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch-sampling rate, 24.3ms touch latency and has up to 18GB of RAM and up to 512GB storage, but this is powered by Snapdragon 888 Plus SoC.
It comes in ROG Phone 5s and the ROG Phone 5s Pro versions. The 5s model is the same as the ROG Phone 5 with a ROG (RGB light) logo and the 5s Pro comes with ROG Vision Color PMOLED display, and even the logo on the back has an RGB light, which can be changed to your favourite colour.
ASUS ROG Phone 5s specifications
- 6.78-inch (2448 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 20.4:9 aspect ratio display, 300Hz touch sampling rate, 111% DCI-P3, sRGB : 150.89%, Delta E average <1%; Contrast ratio: 1,000,000:1, 10-bit HDR, 5 nits to 800nits @ APL100 + HBM or 1200nits @ APL1, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Up to 3GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 888+ 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 13MP 125˚ ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- 24MP front-facing camera with 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, ESS Sabre ES9280AC Pro with HyperStream II QUAD DAC architecture, Dual 7-magnet Linear 12x16mm front-facing speakers with GameFX & Dirac HD Sound, Powered by dual Cirrus Logic CS35L45 Mono AMP, Quad microphones with OZO Noise Reduction Technology
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger 5 and grip press detection
- Dimensions: 172.8×77.2×10.29mm; Weight: 238g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 65W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
The AUS ROG Phone 5s comes in Phantom Black and Aurora White colours with the 16GB + 256GB starting at NT$ 29,990 (US$ 1,077 / Rs. 79,900 approx.) and 18GB + 512GB version costs NT$ 33,990 (US$ 1221 / Rs. 90,580 approx.). The ROG Phone 5s Pro comes only in Phantom Black colour priced at NT$ 37,990 (US$ 1,365 / Rs. 1,01,230 approx.) for the 18GB + 512GB version and also comes with AeroActive Cooler 5 in the box. It is available to order in Taiwan and will ship starting from August 24th.