After teasers, TECNO Mobiles today launched the TECNO POVA 5G, the company’s first 5G smartphone in India. It has a 6.9-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 91% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Dimensity 900 SoC with 8GB of RAM and 3GB of virtual RAM through memory fusion technology, and it has support for 11 5G bands in India.
The Panther Game Engine 2.0 promises Powerful and Dynamic Game Performance by reducing the heat, power consumption and frame loss rate. The phone has a 50MP rear camera, 2MP macro camera and an AI lens. The back of the phone has a special craft that creates a unique textured effect that combines a hard-edged feel with a technological pioneer for a cool look, says the company. It packs a 6000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging that can charge up to 50% in 33 minutes.
TECNO POVA 5G specifications
- 6.9-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate
- Octa Core (2 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 900 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 11 with HIOS 8.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, 2MP macro camera, AI lens, quad LED flash, 4K Time-lapse, 960 fps Slow Motion, Video Bokeh, Video Beauty
- 16MP front-facing camera with dual LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 172.82×78.24×9.07mm
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 6000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
The TECNO POVA 5G comes in Aether Black color, and will be available from Amazon.in at an introductory price of Rs. 19,999 from February 14th. As a part of launch offer, the first 1500 buyers will get a free power bank worth Rs. 1999.
Commenting on the launch, Arijeet Talapatra, CEO of TRANSSION India said:
India is the third largest 5G smartphone market globally as per Counterpoint and there’s a lot of pent-up demand for 5G. In view of the market potential, the launch of POVA 5G is a part of TECNO’s growth strategy. With this launch, we’re foraying into the 5G category and are in the process of creating a complete 5G portfolio in the POVA product line. The idea is to make premium experiences reasonably priced and accessible to more and more people.
Moreover, TECNO has cherished a long association with the current Premier League Champions, Manchester City, since 2017. This association has been incredibly successful as TECNO and Man City follow similar values of holding consumers and audiences at the highest pedestal that reflects in our unique mobile experiences and their exceptional matches every day.