In addition to vivo S12 series phones, vivo also introduced the vivo Watch 2, successor to last year’s vivo Watch in China. The main highlight of the watch is the eSIM support for standalone calling capabilities and LTE. The smartwatch has a 46mm dial, stainless steel casing and comes with a 1.43-inch AMOLED screen.
It comes with Jovi voice assistant, NetEase Cloud Music, Himalaya and other services online. In addition, SOS emergency contact has also been upgraded with one-key call for help function. In addition to heart rate monitoring, it has SpO2 or blood oxygen monitoring, stress and sleep detection, supports 47 sports modes, and has 5ATM water-resistant body.
With eSIM enabled, it promises battery life of up to 7 days, and with just Bluetooth, it promises up to 14 days of battery life.
vivo Watch 2 specifications
- 1.43-inch (466×466 pixels) AMOLED screen with 326 PPI, AOD
- ST main processor & Apollo low-power processor
- 2GB built-in storage for local music playback
- Optical heart rate and blood oxygen sensor, accelerometer sensor, gyroscope, air pressure and altitude sensor, geomagnetic sensor, ambient light sensor
- 47 sports modes including Outdoor running, indoor running, outdoor walking, pool swimming, outdoor cycling, indoor cycling, mountain climbing, trail running, elliptical machine, HIIT, free training
- Water-resistant (5ATM)
- Dimensions 46.4×46.4x42x10.95mm; Weight: 47g
- Speaker and microphone for voice calling
- LTE via eSIM, Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS+GLONASS+GALILEO+Beidou, NFC for payments
- Up to 7 days of usage with eSIM, up to 14 days on Bluetooth
The vivo Watch 2 comes in Black, White and Silver colours with flexible skin-friendly rubber strap with optional breathable fine Nappa leather watch band option. It is priced at 1299 yuan (US$ / Rs. 15,395 approx.), is available to order and will go on sale in China from December 29th.