ASUS today announced that it will start selling the ROG Phone 5 Ultimate 18GB RAM with 512GB Storage version in India on Flipkart priced at Rs. 79,999 starting from 26th December 2021 at 12 noon. This comes after the company started selling the base ROG Phone 5 version in Black back in April. The company even introduced the ROG Phone 5s model with Snapdragon 888+ in August in some markets.
The ROG Phone 5 Ultimate has a unique rear monochrome display PMOLED display that matches the premium frosted back glass and unique Storm White color, it displays customizable animations for system alerts and status. Other specifications are the same as the original ROG Phone 5.
ASUS ROG Phone 5 specifications
- 6.78-inch (2448 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 20.4:9 aspect ratio display, 300Hz touch sampling rate, 111% DCI-P3, sRGB : 150.89%, Delta E average <1%; Contrast ratio: 1,000,000:1, 10-bit HDR, 5 nits to 800nits @ APL100 + HBM or 1200nits @ APL1, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 16GB (ROG Phone 5 Pro) / 18GB (ROG Phone 5
Ultimate) LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 13MP 125˚ ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- 24MP front-facing camera with 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, ESS Sabre ES9280AC Pro with HyperStream II QUAD DAC architecture, Dual 7-magnet Linear 12x16mm front-facing speakers with GameFX & Dirac HD Sound, Powered by dual Cirrus Logic CS35L45 Mono AMP, Quad microphones with OZO Noise Reduction Technology
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger 5 and grip press detection
- Dimensions: 172.8×77.2×10.29mm; Weight: 238g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 65W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
Commenting on the launch, Dinesh Sharma, Business Head, Commercial PC and Smartphone, System Business Group, ASUS India, said:
We are dedicated to bring the best of the gaming phones under the ROG brand and with ROG Phone 5 Ultimate, we remain consistent on our promise. The ROG Phone 5 Ultimate, as the name suggests, will strive to offer the ultimate and cutting edge experience not just for gaming but also for other smartphone use cases. ROG Phone 5 Ultimate also makes an Ultimate Style Statement with its cutting edge futuristic design incorporating the rear ROG Vision Display. As we know, we stand at an interesting phase of apps and soon we will see a surge of super apps entering our phones, ROG Phone 5 Ultimate is prepared to give that seamless experience because of its rich specs.