OnePlus introduced the Buds Z2, the company’s latest ANC earbuds and the successor to Buds Z in China along with the OnePlus 9RT. It has an almost similar to the Buds Pro, including noise cancellation up to 40db, three microphones for call noise cancellation, Bluetooth 5.2, 94ms ultra low latency and 11mm Dynamic drivers tuned for rich bass, but this only has AAC codec.
It promises up to 38 hours of battery life with the case without ANC, and with ANC it will offer up to 27h hours total battery life. The earbuds feature Warp charge that offers 5 hours of battery life with a 10-minute charge, but it doesn’t have wireless charging.
OnePlus Buds Z2 specifications
- 11mm dynamic driver, tuned for rich bass
- Bluetooth 5.2, AAC codec, Dolby Atmos (OnePlus 7/7 Pro later), OnePlus Fast Pair (OnePlus 6 and later)
- Up to 40db Noise cancellation
- 3 microphone DNN noise reduction algorithm + physical anti-wind noise design
- Touch controls for track change, voice assistant, Play/pause
- Sweat and water-resistant (IP55) for headset, IPX4 for water-resistance for case
- Dimensions for Earbud: 33mx 22×21.8 mm; Charging box: 73.15×36.80x 29.07mm
- Weight for Earbud: 4.6g (4.5g for Black); Charging box: 42g (40.5g for Black)
- 40mAh battery in buds offers up to 7 hours (without ANC) / 5 hours (with ANC) music playback, 38h (without ANC) / 27h (with ANC) with 520mAh charging case
- Warp charge – 10 mins for 5 hours (charging box+earbuds), 2 hour listening with 5 min charge (earbuds only) with ANC off
The OnePlus Buds Z2 comes in Black and White colours and is priced at 499 yuan (US$ 77 / Rs. 5,840 approx.) and will be available from October 19th in China. It will get 100 yuan discount for the first sale.