OnePlus just announced the OnePlus 9RT, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the OnePlus 9 series, as it had promised. It has a 6.64-inch FHD+ Fluid AMOLED Samsung E4 display, 120Hz refresh rate, 600Hz touch sampling rate, 10240-level brightness adjustment, HDR10+, and a 20:9 aspect ratio and a 16-megapixel in-screen camera with Sony IMX471 sensor.
The phone is powered by Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 SoC with built-in 5G NSA / SA, 19067.44 mm² space cooling system to keep temperature low when gaming, has up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM with 7GB of virtual memory. It has three Wi-Fi antennas that includes one gaming antenna, so the network is stable when gaming. The phone has GPA frame stabilization technology to intelligently allocate resources needed for scheduling games to achieve a stable frame rate while controlling power consumption and heat generation. It uses UI First + IO pre-loading, so apps starts quickly.
The Silver reflects the gradual texture, increase the gloss of the glass while keep it free from fingerprints and the Black version has second-generation silk glass, so the frosting is more uniform and delicate. There is also a Sky Blue version. The middle frame and lens module have a metal finish frame arc that almost perfectly fits the palm. The phone has a 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, OIS, 16MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP macro camera. It packs a 4500mAh (Twin 2250mAh batteries) and Warp Charge 65W charging that can charge the phone fully in just 29 minutes.
OnePlus 9RT specifications
- 6.62-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 397 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, sRGB, Display P3 color gamut, up to 1300 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12 (China only)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, 1μm pixel size, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, dual LED flash, 16MP 123° ultra-wide camera with f/2.25 aperture, EIS, 2MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video at 60fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps, 720p at 480fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162.2×74.6×8.29mm; Weight: 198.5g
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A)
The OnePlus 9RT comes in Silver, Black and colours and is priced at 3299 yuan (US$ 512 / Rs. 38,575 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 3499 yuan (US$ 543 / Rs. 40,915 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB and the top-end 12GB + 256GB version costs 3799 yuan (US$ 589 / Rs. 44,425 approx.). It is available to order and will go on sale in China from October 19th. As a part of launch offer, the phone will be 100 yuan cheaper for the first sale.