Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has launched Redmi 9 Activ, the company’s latest budget Redmi smartphone in India, a year after the launch of Redmi 9. It retains the a 6.53-inch HD+ HD+ 20:9 Dot Drop screen, is powered by MediaTek Helio G35, but this has up to 6GB of RAM, It runs Android 10 with MIUI 12, features a 13-megapixel rear camera and a secondary 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is a 5-megapixel camera on the front.
The phone has a textured design on the back that prevents fingerprints, has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery.
Redmi 9 Activ specifications
- 6.53-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 IPS LCD Dot Drop screen with 400 nits brightness, 70% NTSC colour gamut
- 2.3GHz Octa Core MediaTek Helio G35 processor with 680MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 164.9×77.07×9.0mm; Weight: 194g
- Splash proof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 5000mAh battery with 10w charging
The Redmi 9 Activ comes in Carbon Black, Coral Green and Metallic Purple colours, is priced at Rs. 9499 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 10999. It will be available from Amazon.in, mi.com and Mi Home stores starting today at 12 noon.