Google already confirmed the launch of Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro smartphones later this fall and also said that it will use its own Tensor SoC, feature an aluminium frame with matte finish on the Pixel 6 and the Pixel 6 Pro will come with a polished aluminium frame. It also posted new images of the phones and a new teaser video last week.
Now, XDA has got more details about the Pixel 6 Pro. This reveals that the Pixel 6 series will not support both Active Edge to activate the Google Assistant. It will still have an option that lets you double tap the rear of the device to launch the Assistant or do other things. It will come with a 3120 x 1440 pixel screen with 120Hz refresh rate. When the Always on Display is active — the refresh rate can dip down to 10 or 30Hz, but it is not clear if this is an LTPO display with variable refresh rate like Samsung phones.
It also reveals that ultra-wideband (UWB) support, processor specs 2 x 2.8 GHz for ultimate processing power, 2 x 2.25 GHz performance cores and 4 x 1.8GHz power efficient CPU cores, as rumored earlier. Google already outed the Mali-G78 GPU, and it is said to be clocked at 848MHz. This also confirms Exynos Modem 5123 for 5G since there is reference to “g5123b” in the phone’s radio firmware.
It also corroborates 5000mAh battery from earlier leaks, and says that it will come with Battery Share for reverse wireless charging, but the wired charging speed has not been confirmed yet. Earlier rumours revealed 33W fast charging for the Pixel 6 series.
Google Pixel 6 Pro rumoured specifications
- 6.71-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) curved pOLED display with 120Hz adaptive refresh rate
- Google Tensor processor (2x 2.80GHz + 2 x 2.25GHz + 4 x 1.80GHz) with 848MHz Mali-G78 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB / 256GB / 512GB storage
- Android 12
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 50MP rear camera with Samsung GN1 sensor, 12MP Ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 48MP telephoto camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 4X optical zoom
- 12MP front camera with Sony IMX663 sensor
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C audio, Cirrus Logic CS35L41 amp, Stereo speakers
- 5G SA/NA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, ultra-wideband (UWB), GPS, USB Type C 3.1 (1st Gen), NFC
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging
Google has not revealed the name of colours. Based on the images and the hex colour codes, the Pixel 6 Pro will come in Bisque, Platinum and Granite Gray colours. Google just said that phones will be introduced sometime in the fall. Recent reports say that the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro will be available for pre-order on October 19th, and ship from October 28th.