After introducing the Motorola Edge 20 series recently, Motorola has announced the new Motorola edge (2021) which is actually the successor to last year’s motorola edge, but this not a flagship like the edge+ and also lacks the curved screen. Instead, this opts for a 6.8-inch FHD+ LCD HDR screen with 144Hz refresh rate and up to up to 576Hz touch latency compared to OLED screen in the edge 20. It is powered by Snapdragon 778G SoC with 8GB of RAM and 5G SA/NSA.
It has a 108MP main camera, 8MP ultrawide-angle lens with built-in Macro Vision, and a 2MP depth camera. It runs Android 11 without any bloatware and new wireless connection capabilities let you move your phone’s games to the big screen, and use your apps on a desktop display. The new Ready For PC functionality lets you instantly connect your PC to 5G networks, share files, and use your phone as a webcam all on the same screen.
The phone packs a 5000 mAh battery with TurboPower 30-Watt charging that promises up to 9 hours of usage in 10 minutes of charging.
Motorola edge (2021) specifications
- 6.8-inch (2460 ×1080 pixels) FHD+ LCD 144Hz display, HDR10+, 8-bit colour, 20.5:9 aspect ratio
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- Android 11, ThinkShield for mobile
- 108MP 1/1.52″ sensor with f/1.9 aperture, 0.7µm pixel size, Ultra Pixel Technology for 2.1µm, 8MP ultra-wide camera with macro mode, f/2.4 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75µm pixel size
- 32MP front camera with f/2.25 aperture, 0.7µm pixel siz, Quad Pixel Technology for 1.4µm
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Bottom-ported speaker, 3 Microphones
- Dimensions: 169 x 75.6 x 8.99mm; Weight: 200g
- Water resistant (IP52)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 30W TurboPower fast charging
The Motorola edge (2021) comes in Nebula Blue colour, is priced $699.99 (Rs. 52,110 approx.), but it will be available for $499.99 (Rs. 37,223 approx.) at launch after a $200 limited discount. It will be available in the U.S. unlocked at Best Buy, B&H Photo, Amazon.com and Motorola.com starting on September 2 with pre-sale starting from August 23rd. Additionally, it will be available from operators Verizon and Spectrum Mobile in the coming month.