After the first Nord 2 blast last week, which OnePlus said was due to external factors and not a manufacturing defect, another Twitter user earlier today posted that his father’s Nord 2 exploded, but he did not share any photos of the phone. OnePlus asked the user to DM with more details. However, after sometimes the tweet got deleted, and the user disappeared.
We are truly dejected to hear about this incident. We earnestly hope that the untoward incident did not cause any harm to your father. We would like to have this addressed on priority and to further scrutinize this matter and ascertain the cause of this instance, please DM us.
— OnePlus Support (@OnePlus_Support) August 10, 2021
Just now in the official statement, the company said that after investigation it found that it was a false report and is not related to a OnePlus product. It once again assured that its products undergo thorough quality and safety tests, and asked the public not to believe any such unverified allegations. Check out the full statement below.
Earlier today, we were notified on Twitter about an alleged blast case for the OnePlus Nord 2. We always take such claims very seriously and immediately look into each one to first verify the legitimacy of the claim. During our conversation with this individual, we were able to confirm that this alleged case was false and in no way involved any OnePlus product.
All OnePlus products undergo thorough quality and safety tests to ensure that they are up to leading industry standards and are safe to use. We also follow strict internal processes to ensure the health and safety of our users, while also protecting the reputation of our brand. We urge the public to exercise restraint in judging unverified allegations such as this.