Along with the Mi MIX 4, Xiaomi also introduced the Mi Pad 5 series that includes the Mi Pad 5 and the Mi Pad 5 Pro, as it had promised. Both these feature an 11-inch 2.5K / WQXA LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision and HDR10 and Dolby Atmos. These have 6.86mm sleek body. The Mi Pad 5 is powered by Snapdragon 860 with 27067² cooling area and the Pro version is powered by Snapdragon 870 SoC with 22745mm² cooling area.
The standard model has a built-in four-speaker combination, and the Pro model has an eight-speaker surround sound system. These also support stylus and keyboard accessories.
The company has also introduced a keyboard protective case that has 63 keys and independent ESC and task keys, with key travel of 1.2mm. The stylus has 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity and 240Hz touch sampling rate, weighs as light as 12.2g, has a battery life of more than 8 hours with fast charging in 18 minutes.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 and Mi Pad 5 Pro specifications
- 11-inch (2560 x 1600) WQXGA 16:10 display with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR 10, Dolby Vision, TrueTone True color display, Hardware-level blue light reduction, TUV Rheinland low blue light hardware scheme certification
- Mi Pad 5 – Up to 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 860 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X (LPDDR5 in Pro) RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB RAM LPDDR5 with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage (Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G)
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- 13MP (50MP 1/2.5″ sensor in Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G) rear camera, 5MP depth sensor (Mi Pad 5 Pro only), 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Mi Pad 5 Dimensions: 254.69x 166.25mmx6.85mm; Weight: 511g
- Mi Pad 5 Pro Dimensions: 254.69x 166.25×6.86mm; Weight: 515g / 518g (Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G)
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos, 4 Speakers in Mi Pad 5, 8 Speakers in Mi Pad 5 Pro
- 5G SA / NSA, 4G LTE (Optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac / ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (5.2 in Pro), GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou / GALILEO / QZSS, USB Type-C
- Mi Pad 5 – 8,720mAh battery with 33W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 91 min
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – 8,600mAh battery with 67W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 67 min
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 comes in Black, White and Green colours and is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 308 / Rs. 22,960 approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB Wi-Fi version and the 6GB + 256GB Wi-Fi version costs 2299 yuan (US$ 354 / Rs. 26,405 approx.).
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro comes in Black and White colours and is priced at 2499 yuan (US$ 385 / Rs. 28,700 approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB Wi-Fi version and the 6GB + 256GB Wi-Fi version costs 2799 yuan (US$ 431 / Rs. 32,145 approx.). There is also a 8GB RAM with 256GB 5G version that costs 3499 yuan (US$ 539 / Rs. 40,185 approx.).
The keyboard case and stylus are priced at 399 yuan (US$ 61.5 / Rs. 4,585 approx.) and 349 yuan (US$ 54 / Rs. 4,000 approx.), respectively. These are available to order and will go on sale in China starting from August 16th.