Xiaomi just announced the MIX 4 the company’s latest smartphones in the MIX series in China, as it had announced. It features a 6.67’-inch AMOLED 3D curved display with 10-bit TrueColor, 120Hz refresh rate and 480Hz touch sampling rate. The main highlight of the phone is its under display camera technology that offers a 400 ppi seamless viewing in the camera zone, matching the pixel density, brightness, and color detail of the surrounding screen.
The 20MP under display front camera retains true colors and details even though it is under the screen, says Xiaomi. This is done through Xiaomi’s CUP technology, which minimizes light diffraction through a special circuit design, as well as a new transparent curved wiring Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) material coupled with imaging algorithms.
It is the first phone to be powered by Snapdragon 888+ mobile platform that has CPU clock speed of 3GHz and increased AI capabilities of more than 20%. It has unique heat dissipation structure with a combined surface area of 11588mm² to minimize overheating.
The phone has a 108MP main camera with 1/1.33″ Samsung HMX sensor, 4-in-1 1.6μm Super Pixels, 13MP ultra-wide angle camera equipped with an optical free-form lens to significantly lower wide-angle distortion and a 8MP periscope camera with 5x optical zoom and 50x digital zoom.
The phone has a ceramic back, has 5G SA/NSA, and it boosts antenna performance by using a unique interior metal case as an antenna amplifier. It has 19 antennas built-in and supports 42 bands with signal quality optimizations for 8 scenarios, as well as automatically identifying environment, optimizing network configuration, and enabling manual location entry to further optimize signal quality in high traffic areas. The phone comes with Xiaomi’s unique UWB technology compatible with select smart home products to enable “Point to connect” features. You can simply point your smartphone towards any compatible Xiaomi AIoT device, and immediately connect it to your Xiaomi MIX 4.
The phone packs a 4,500mAh battery with 120W wired fast charging and 50W wireless fast charging with 0 to 100% in under 15 minutes and 28 minutes with wired charging and wireless charging respectively. The intelligent fast charging modulation algorithm helps regulate charging temperature and speed for different scenarios, as well as increasing battery charge cycles by up to 25%. 37° will be the maximum rear temperature while charging at 120W default mode, says the company.
Xiaomi MIX 4 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 10-bit AMOLED display, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus Protection
- Up to 3.0GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 888 Plus 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung HMX sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, up to 100x zoom, 13MP 120° free-form ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with 5x optical zoom, up to 50x digital zoom, 8K video recording at 24fps, 4k 60 fps
- 20MP Under screen front-facing camera, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Custom 1014 linear top speaker, 1216P linear bottom speaker, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, UWB, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired, 50W wireless charging
The Xiaomi MIX 4 comes in Ceramic Gray, Ceramic White and Ceramic Black colours, is priced at 4,999 yuan (US$ 770 / Rs. 57,410 approx.), 5,299 yuan (US$ 817 / Rs. 60,850 approx.), 5,799 yuan (US$ 894 / Rs. 66,590 approx.) and 6,299 yuan (US$ 971 / Rs. 72,330 approx.) for 8GB+128GB, 8GB+256GB, 12GB+256GB and 12GB+512GB, respectively. The phone is now available to order and will go on sale in China starting from August 16th.