Xiaomi’s Redmi brand today launched the RedmiBook Pro and RedmiBook e-Learning Edition, the company’s first laptops in India, as it had promised. The RedmiBook Pro has a 15.6-inch FHD screen, is powered by 11th Generation Intel Core i5 Tiger lake H35 series processor with Intel Iris Xe graphics, 8GB of RAM and 512GB of NVMe SSD. The company says that it has large cooling vents on the bottom.
It has a polycarbonate body with a brushed metal look, has a 720p webcam on the front, and promises up to 10 hours of battery life. These have Full-size keyboard with scissor mechanism, 1.5mm key travel and a 100cm² trackpad.
The RedmiBook e-Learning Edition is a cheaper version with 11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 processor and 256GB / 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, while retaining the other specifications and the same body.
RedmiBook Pro 15 and RedmiBook e-Learning Edition specifications
- 15.6-inch (1920 × 1080 pixels) FHD display
- RedmiBook Pro – 3.4GHz i5-11300H processor (4.4GHz) with Intel Iris X-E Graphics
- RedmiBook e-Learning Edition – 3GHz 11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 )(4.1GHz max clock) with Intel UHD Graphics
- 8GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, 256GB (RedmiBook e-Learning Edition only) 512GB NVMe SSD
- Windows 10 Home, upgradable to Windows 11; pre-loaded with MS Office Home and Student Edition 2019
- 720p webcam
- Full-size keyboard with scissor mechanism, 1.5mm key travel, 100cm² trackpad
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, USB 2.0 x 1, USB 3.2 Gen1 x 2, HDMI x 1, Ethernet port, SD card reader
- Dimensions: 363.8×243.5x 19.9 mm; Weight: 1.8kg
- 3.5mm headphone / microphone jack, 2x 2W speakers, DTS audio
- 46Wh battery with up to 10 hours battery life, 65W fast charging of 50% in 33 minutes, 80% in 53 minutes
Pricing and availability
The RedmiBook Pro 15 and RedmiBook e-Learning Edition come in Charcoal Grey colours. The RedmiBook Pro is priced at Rs. 49,999 and RedmiBook e-Learning Edition costs Rs. 41,999 for the 256GB version and the 512GB version costs Rs. 44,999. These will be available from Flipkart, mi.com and Mi Home stores starting from August 6th.
- Up to Rs. 3500 (RedmiBook Pro) / up to Rs. 2500 (RedmiBook e-Learning Edition) instant discount on HDFC Bank debit and credit cards and EMI
Commenting on the launch, Raghu Reddy, Chief Business Officer, Mi India, said:
Since the beginning of 2020, we have focused on our phone-plus strategy and delved deeper into other consumer electronics categories. With every product launched across categories such as PowerBanks, Earbuds, Smart Band, Smartwatch and Smart TV, we have aimed to make the latest technology more accessible to customers, which has been widely appreciated by our Mi Fans.
With the launch of our first RedmiBook in the market, we look at empowering our users with performance and portability to help them achieve their goals. Featuring the latest 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, premium design and superior performance, these laptops are perfect options for those seeking solutions to support their modern working/learning style. We hope that our consumers and fans love using it as much as we have enjoyed the journey of creating these powerful laptops.