OPPO just announced OPPO Watch 2, successor to last year’s OPPO Watch in China, as it had promised. It comes in 46mm and 42mm versions, both with 3D curved AMOLED screen. The quick release strap from the predecessor has been replaced with a buckle-type strap, and there is also a calf skin leather version. It comes with support for 4G and native calling, thanks to speakers and microphone. All these feature Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS and NFC support for payment.
It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 & Apollo 4s dual processors, so that it can between Android-based ColorOS and RTOS seamlessly. In the smart mode, it promises up to 4 days of battery life, and the long battery mode will let you use it for 16 days on a single charge. In this mode, it can show time and also lets you enable health monitoring, exercise recording and show notifications. There is also VOOC flash charging, so a charge for 10 minutes will offer 1 day of use.
It has e-sports mode which when enabled all mobile phone notifications will be transferred to the watch, and also shows special reminders when playing some games. In addition, the device will also record your new rate and energy consumption status while playing. The watch can be directly connected to a Bluetooth headset, can also be used as a car key, can be connected with a blood glucose meter and can also display the wearer’s blood glucose trend.
OPPO Watch 2 specifications
- 1.75-inch (372 x 430 pixels) (42mm) / 1.91-inch (402 x 476 pixels) (46mm) curved AMOLED screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 4100 & Apollo 4s processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB storage
- 3-axis accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Barometric pressure sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, SpO2 / Blood oxygen sensor, Ambient light sensor
- 100 sports modes with automatic tracking in 6 sports mode that includes running, walking, outdoor cycling, swimming, elliptical machine, and rowing machine
- Android-based ColorOS Watch 2.0 / RTOS, compatible with Android 6.0 and above
- Water resistant (5ATM)
- 4G via eSIM (Optional), Wi-Fi 802.11n 2.4GHz, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, built-in GPS + GLONASS, NFC for payments
- 360mAh (typical) / 350mAh (minimum) for 42mm with 2.5 days of usage, 10 days in long battery mode, 15 min VOOC flash charge for 1 day of use
- 510mAh (typical) / 502mAh (minimum) for 46mm with 4 days of usage, 16 days in long battery mode, 10 min VOOC flash charge for 1 day of use
The OPPO Watch 2 starts at 1,299 yuan (US$ 199 / Rs. 14,880 approx.) for the 42mm version, and the 42mm eSIM version costs 1,499 yuan (US$ 230 / Rs. 17,170 approx.). The 46mm comes only in eSIM version that is priced at 1,999 yuan (US$ 307 / Rs. 22,899 approx.). It is now available to order with a maximum discount of 300 yuan and will go on sale in China from August 6.