Bose has launched Sleepbuds II, the next generation of its bedtime wearable, with technology which the company says is now clinically proven to help people fall asleep faster. It has better noise-masking than their predecessor, and introduce new categories of content to combat the other barrier to rest: the inability to relax.
The Bose Sleepbuds II is priced at Rs. 22900 and is available from Amazon.in, Flipkart, Tata CLiQ and across Bose stores and key retail partner stores of Reliance Digital, Croma & Vijay Sales.
Highlights of Bose Sleepbuds II
- They combine a new acoustic and electronics design, a new enclosure that’s lighter than a dime, new proprietary ear tips for a secure, super-soft fit, and over 35 free tracks — all methodically produced and tested.
- The two tiny, ultra-comfortable, truly wireless buds block, cover, and replace the audible distractions from loud partners, neighbors, dogs, and traffic — and reduce the mental distractions from long, busy days.
- For control and updates, the free Bose Sleep App (Compatible with iOS and Android devices) lets you set an alarm, change volume, and now includes three categories of content — all precisely developed, engineered, and mixed to overcome what keeps you up or wakes you up.
- 14 noise-masking tracks mirror the frequencies of night-time disruptions, hiding them under soothing layers of audio. When it’s caused by how you feel, new relaxation options are now available: 15 Naturescapes help calm racing thoughts with walks down a Country Road, Shore Line, Boardwalk, and beyond; 10 Tranquilities help lower stress and tension with tones to Lift, Drift, Dream, and more.
- Bose Sleepbuds II feature advancements in noise management, acoustics, psychoacoustics, and electronic miniaturization. Each bud is just a quarter-inch deep — about the same as a pencil’s eraser — to dramatically reduce irritating contact when your head is resting on a pillow, even on your side.
- A new anti-friction coating covers each enclosure to prevent “squeaking” against fabric, and a new etched antenna produces a more reliable phone and tablet connection using low-energy Bluetooth.
- Inside, a new NiMH (Nickel-metal Hydride) battery powers 10 hours of run time, and a new miniscule circuit board stores up to 10 files from the Sleep App’s library.
- Its noise-masking tracks are matched to a new transducer to “cover and replace” more unwanted sounds than ever before — while a new pressure equalization design and soft silicone tips “block” more from entering your ear. With three sizes included, the tips are different from those made for daytime use. Their materials, shape, and design are all optimized to stay in place for a full night of peaceful, pain-free rest.
- Sweat- and water-resistant with an IPX4 rating.
- Improved anodized aluminum case that stabilizes each bud while they’re stored and charged and provides up to 30 additional hours of battery life.
Regarding its study, Bose said:
In a first-of-its-kind study, Bose partnered with the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus and the UCHealth CARE Innovation Center to test the impact of Bose sleep technology — which was clinically proven to help people fall asleep faster. The research also found that 100% of participants confirmed Bose noise-masking worked against the common disturbances that kept them up or woke them up; 86% said the product helped them fall asleep easier; 76% said it helped them stay asleep; and 80% reported an overall improvement in sleep quality.