Motorola has introduced motorola defy, the company’s latest rugged partnership made by CAT phone maker Bullitt Group, as a part of the partnership announced earlier this year. It is a waterproof phone (IP68) that can be submerged to depths of 1.5m for 35 minutes since it has a unique dual-sealed housing. In addition, it is drop proof to 1.8m and certified to military standards (MIL SPEC 810H), facing temperature extreme survivability from +55°C to -25°C, vibration and tumble tests.
The phone has a 6.5-inch HD+ screen protected by 0.7mm thick Corning Gorilla Glass Victus and 0.5mm recess and is usable with wet fingers. Other specifications as same as the Moto G9.
Motorola defy (2021) specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch (1600×720 pixels) HD+ LCD Max Vision display with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection, Usable with wet fingers
- SoC: Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 — up to 2 GHz 4 x Kryo 260 Performance (Cortex A73-based) + Up to 1.8GHz 4 x Kryo 260 Efficiency (Cortex A53-based)
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4x
- Software: Android 10, upgradable to Android 11
- ROM: 64GB, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Cameras: 48MP primary with f/1.7 aperture + 2MP Macro Vision Camera with f/2.4 aperture+ 2MP Depth; Night Vision Mode
- Front Camera: 8MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water and Dust resistance (IP68)
- MIL-STD-810H certified
- Programmable Shortcut Key with Push to Talk (PTT) mode
- Dimensions:169.8×78.2×10.9mm; Weight:232g
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz|5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C waterproof port
- Battery: 5000mAh with 20W Turbopower Charging
The motorola defy comes in forged green and black colours and is priced at €329 (US$ 292 / Rs. 29,075 approx.) / £279 (US$ 388 / Rs. 28,820 approx.) and will be available in select European and LATAM markets over the coming weeks.