Xiaomi’s Redmi brand just announced the Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in China, as it had promised. It packs a 6.6-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, Adaptive sync variable refresh rate to switch between 120Hz, 90Hz, 60Hz, 50Hz, 48Hz and 24Hz depending on the content, supports DCI-P3 color gamut and has Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection. It is powered by Dimensity 1100 with support for 5G SA/NSA, up to 8GB of RAM and has 16370mm² VC liquid cooling, graphite, thermal conductive gel and copper foil, so the whole body is covered for the best heat dissipation.
The phone features a 64-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens and a 2-megapixel macro camera. It has IP53 ratings for splash resistance, has X-axis linear vibration motor and packs a 5000mAh battery with 67W fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 42 minutes.
Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G specifications
- 6.6-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut, up to 450nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Up to 2.6GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 1100 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.3 aperture, 2MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio, Sound by JBL Audio quality certification
- Splash Resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.9×8.9mm; Weight:193g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC 3.0
- 5000mAh(typ)/ 4900mAh(min) battery with 67W fast charging, PD/QC charging
The Redmi Note10 Pro 5G comes in Green, White and Blue colours, is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 234 / Rs. 17,040 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 1799 yuan (US$ 281 / Rs. 20,460 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 1999 yuan (US$ 312 / Rs. 22,720 approx.). It is available to order and will go on sale in China from June 1st.
It also introduced the Redmi Note 10 5G for the Chinese market after it was introduced back in March, and it was recently launched in some markets as POCO M3 Pro 5G with a new design.
This comes in Chrome Silver, Graphite Gray, Nighttime Blue and Aurora Green colours and is priced at 999 yuan (US$ 156 / Rs. 11,360 approx.) for the 4GB + 128GB, 1199 yuan (US$ 187 / Rs. 13,625 approx.) for 6GB + 128GB, 1399 yuan (US$ 218 / Rs. 15,900 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB and the top-end 8GB + 256GB version costs 1599 yuan (US$ 250 / Rs. 18,180 approx.). It will also go on sale in China from June 1st.