HMD Global introduced the Nokia 2720 Flip back in September 2019. After close to two years, the company has launched the phone in the US through Verizon as Nokia 2720 V Flip. There are no changes in the specifications, so it is still a 4G phone that runs KaiOS.
Nokia 2720 V Flip specifications
- 2.8-inch (240×320 pixels) QVGA display+ 1.3-inch (240×240 pixels) external display
- 1.1GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform (MSM8905) with Adreno 304 GPU
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- 2MP rear camera with LED flash
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, LED Flashlight
- Google Assistant
- Dimensions: 54.5 x 104.8 x 18.7 mm (Closed); 54.5 x 192.7 x 11.6 mm (Open)
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS/AGPS + GLONASS , Micro USB (USB 2.0)
- 1500mAh removable battery
Nokia 2720 V Flip comes in Black colour, is priced at US$ 79.99 (Rs. 5875) and will be available through Verizon’s online store and in-store starting from May 20th.
Commenting on the launch, Cristian Capelli, Vice President North America, HMD Global, said:
HMD Global is excited to bring the classic flip phone back to Verizon, this time with smarter features like 4G connectivity and built-in Google Assistant. The newest member of our Originals family, the Nokia 2720 V Flip is the perfect introduction to the smart feature phone category, packed with apps and features at an affordable price.