Samsung just launched the Galaxy M42 5G, the company’s latest 5G smartphone in India, as it had announced. It packs a 6.6-inch Super AMOLED Infinity-U HD+ display, is powered by Snapdragon 750G SoC with support for 5G SA/NSA, up to 8GB of RAM and runs Android 11 with OneUI 3.1 on top and has Knox security with secure folder, AltZ with Quick switch, content suggestion and Samsung Pay.
It packs quad rear cameras that include 48 MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera 5MP macro camera, and 5MP depth of field camera for live focus and a 20MP front camera. The phone has a 3D design and layered pattern offering a comfortable grip and packs a 5,000mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy M42 5G specifications
- 6.6-inch HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 570 CPUs) Snapdragon 750G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) Storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with ISOCELL GM2 sensor, f/1.8 aperture LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor and 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Samsung Pay
- Dimensions: 75.9 x 164.4 x 8.6mm; Weight: 190g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 15W Adaptive Fast Charging
The Samsung Galaxy M42 5G comes in Prism Dot Black and Prism Dot Grey colours is priced at Rs. 21,999 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 23999 and will be available from samsung.com and Amazon.in from May 1st.
As part of a special introductory offer the phone will be available at a special price of Rs. 19999 for the 6GB variant and Rs. 21999 for the 8GB variant on Samsung.com and during Amazon’s online sale in May, says the release. Amazon mentions that this price is including Rs. 2,000 instant cashback for HDFC Bank Credit cards and EMI transactions.
Commenting on the launch, Aditya Babbar, Senior Director and Head, Mobile Marketing, Samsung India, said:
Samsung has the largest number of 5G devices globally and with the launch of Galaxy M42 5G, we are launching our first mid-range 5G smartphone in India. Continuing with the legacy of the beloved M series, Galaxy M42 5G is our #FastestMonster yet, powered by super-fast Snapdragon 5G processor. Galaxy M42 5G also sports monster 5000mAh battery, stunning super AMOLED screen, defense-grade Knox Security and is the first Galaxy M series smartphone to come with Samsung Pay. All this makes Galaxy M42 5G the perfect 5G smartphone for our young millennials and Gen Z consumers who thrive on speed and comprehensive performance.