After rumours, realme today officially confirmed the launch of realme 8 5G, the company’s new 5G smartphone and India’s first phone powered by MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC on April 22nd. The phone will be sold on Flipkart, in addition to realme.com and offline stores.
“The realme 8 5G series promises a comprehensive experience for smartphone users, bringing nothing but the best. We would love to have you join us on the digital launch, as we are taking another step towards our dream to become a 5G leader in India with realme 8 5G,” said the company.
The company’s Thailand site already confirmed 6.5-inch 90Hz refresh rate screen, 5000mAh battery and SuperSonic Blue and SuperSonic Black colours for the phone. Based on this it is clear that the realme V13 5G which was launched in China last month will be launched as the realme 8 5G for other markets.
realme 8 5G ( V13 5G) specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with up to 600 nits brightness, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11 with realme UI 2.0
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP B&W and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 162.5×74.8×8.5mm; Weight: 176g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
We should know the price of the phone when it is launched next Thursday.