POCO just announced POCO F3, the company’s latest F series smartphones in an event, as expected. It is the global version of the K40 which was introduced in China last month and packs a 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED screen with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling rate, DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10+, 8,192 levels of dimming and 2.76mm ultra-small punch-hole that houses a 20MP camera. It is powered by Snapdragon 870 SoC with support for 5G SA / NSA, up to 8GB of RAM and has LiquidCool Technology 1.0 Plus that has a three-dimensional heat dissipation system that diffuses the heat more efficiently so that the phone doesn’t overheat.
The phone packs a 48MP IMX582 sensor, 8MP ultra-wide and 5MP telephoto macro lens. It features X-axis linear motors, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos and Audio Zoom for video. It packs a 4,520mAh battery which supports up to 33W wired charging that can charge from 0 to 100% in just 52 minutes.
POCO F3 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP (3cm-7cm) telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging
The POCO F3 comes in Arctic White, Night Black and Deep Ocean Blue colours and is priced at 349 euros (US$ 415 / Rs. 30,100 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 399 Euros (US$ 475 / Rs. 34,410 approx.). Early bird pricing are 299 Euros (US$ 356 / Rs. 25,780 approx.) and 349 Euros (US$ 415 / Rs. 30,100 approx.), respectively from March 27th to April 6th. POCO already confirmed that it will not launch the F series in India, so we can expect the phone to launch in the Mi series, according to rumours.