After the company announced its India event on March 30th to introduce the POCO X3 Pro smartphone, the company has now scheduled a global launch event on March 22nd to introduce the phone for global markets. It is also expected to introduce the POCO F3, which is rumoured to be the global version of the Redmi K40 that was introduced last month.
The POCO X3 Pro is rumoured to pack a 6.67-inch FHD+ 120Hz AMOLED display, powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 860, pack 48MP quad rear cameras, and a 5200mAh battery with 33W fast charging. The phone is expected to come in Frost Blue, Phantom Black and Metal Bronze colour options and be priced at €269 (US$ 321 / Rs. 23,255 approx.) and €319 (US$ 380 / Rs. 27,580 approx.), respectively for the 6GB+128GB and 8GB+256GB variants.
Redmi K40 / POCO F3 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging
The POCO event will start at 2PM CEST (5:30PM IST) next Monday. We should know more details about the phone in coming days.