Truecaller has launched Guardians, a new app for personal safety app, which the company says it built over the past 15 months by a dedicated team from Stockholm and India. By choosing trusted people as your Guardians, and allowing them to see where you are, you can have peace of mind, and protection in case anything goes wrong, says the company.
The company says that Guardians will never share any personal information with any third party apps for commercial use, including its very own Truecaller app.
- Invite your friends & family to be your Guardians. Choose the people you trust to see your location when needed.
- Share your GPS location privately. Only your Guardians will be able to see where you are and check on your safety.
- Setup forever sharing. You can choose to share your location permanently to certain trusted people.
- Notify your Guardians immediately when you are feeling unsafe, using the ‘I need help’ feature
- Battery life, network strength and phone status can also be shared. This can be vital information for your Guardians and your safety.
How Guardians Works:
If you are already a Truecaller user, you can sign in with one tap. If you’re not a Truecaller user, your phone number will be verified using a missed call or OTP.
The app needs only three permissions: your location, contacts (so that you can select and invite your personal Guardians) and phone permission (to show your phone status to your Guardians).
- You can select your own personal Guardians from your contact list, choose when to stop/start sharing location and setup permanent sharing with selected Guardians.
- If you are just sharing your location for a particular trip, Guardians works quietly in the background.
- If you don’t feel safe or are facing an emergency situation, tap the emergency button to notify all your Guardians about your location and situation.
- In Emergency mode, your Guardians will be notified and will be able to precisely follow your location, know when you’ve reached your location or be able to send help.
- In the future, Emergency mode will also have the ability to share your location with volunteer Guardians who may be in the vicinity where you’re seeking help.
- Accepting help from the community is your choice. Soon, you can also get help from local law enforcement through the app – so that you can get help in the shortest span of time.